French Toast Casserole
12 slicebread, torn into cubes
1 1/2 cheavy whipping cream
1 Tbspvanilla extract
1 1/2 cbrown sugar, divided
1 tspground cinnamon
1 1/4 cbutter (1 stick + 4 tablespoons)
How to Make French Toast Casserole
- Whisk together the eggs, cream, vanilla, and 1/2 cup of the sugar.
- Add in the bread cubes and combine with hands (you'll get icky. It's worth it).
- Spray a 9 X 13 inch pan with cooking spray and spread the bread into the pan. Let sit for about 5 minutes.
- Soften the stick of butter and mix with the cinnamon and 3/4 cups of the brown sugar. Spread over the top of the bread mixture.
- Cut up the 3 tablespoons of butter (it's easier if the butter is cold) and dot the top of the casserole with butter.
- Sprinkle with the remaining 1/4 cup of brown sugar. Bake at 350 for around 30-45 minutes depending on your oven. Serve with maple syrup.