French Toast Casserole
Can be served with additional syrup. It is great served with bacon or sausage, which can also be cooked in the oven while the casserole is baking.
I usually use 2% milk, its your preference.
If you want to use fresh strawberries, slice to make 1 1/2 cups and stir in 1/2 c sugar or splenda, kinda mash berries in sugar. It works great with fresh blueberries too!!!
This recipe can be prepared with a 1 lb. loaf of white or wheat bread, but our gang of friends and kids prefers the french bread!!!!
- loaf of french bread, cubed
- 8 oz
- cream cheese
- 1/2 c
- 1/4 c
- maple syrup
- 2 c
- 16 oz
- frozen sliced strawberries, thawed (undrained)
How to Make French Toast Casserole
- 1Spray 13x9 baking dish with nonstick spray, I prefer the butter flavor spray.
- 2Combine cream cheese and butter in a bowl and microwave to soften until you can stir them together and then blend in the maple syrup.
- 3Add bread cubes to bowl and mix until coated. Put the mixture in the baking dish.
- 4Beat eggs and milk and pour over bread. Let set about 10 minutes or cover and refrigerate overnite.
- 5Preheat oven 350*
Just before baking spoon over the sliced strawberries and juice.
Bake about 40 minutes.