French Toast Bake
- slices day old french bread 1 inch thick
- eggs (beaten)
- 1/2 c
- 1 c
- brown sugar (divided) use half now use half later in recipe
- 1 tsp
- vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp
- ground nutmeg
- 1 c
- chopped walnuts
- 1/4 c
- butter (melted)
- 2 c
- fresh or frozen blueberries (any fruit really)
How to Make French Toast Bake
- 1Arrange bread in a greased 13by9 inch baking dish.
- 2In a bowl combine the eggs,milk,3/4 cup of brown sugar that has been divided vanilla and nutmeg. Pour this mixture over bread, cover and refrigeate 8 hours or overnight.
- 3Remove from refrigerator and remove cover 30 mintures before cook time. Sprinkle the chopped nuts over the bread.
- 4Combine butter and remaining sugar and drizzle over the top. Bake uncovered at 400 degees for 25 minutes. Remove from oven sprinkle with fruit of choice and bake an additional 10 minutes. Test with knife if stuck in middle of dish and knife comes out clean, it is done. YUM YUM.