Freezer Orange French Toast
1 tspgrated orange rind
1/4 corange juice
8 to 10 slice3/4" thick day old french bread
·melted butter or margarine
How to Make Freezer Orange French Toast
- Place bread slices on a large jelly roll pan side by side
- mix first 7 ingredients and pour over bread slices. let sit a couple minutes, turn slices over so they absorb all the egg mixture
- lay pan in freezer, uncovered until firm. individual slices can then be put in bags and kept frozen until ready to use
- to prepare, heat oven to 500 degrees. place one or more slices on a greased baking sheet. drizzle or brush slices with melted butter.
- bake 8 minutes, turn slices, drizzle more butter and bake another 5 to 10 minutes.
- serve hot with confectioners sugar or your favorite syrup.
- a nice warm "orange based syrup would be great ! ideas are endless!!