Freezer Orange French Toast
- 1 c
- 2 Tbsp
- 1 tsp
- 1 tsp
- grated orange rind
- 1/4 c
- orange juice
- 1/4 tsp
- 8 to 10 slice
- 3/4" thick day old french bread
- melted butter or margarine
- confectioners sugar
How to Make Freezer Orange French Toast
- 1Place bread slices on a large jelly roll pan side by side
- 2mix first 7 ingredients and pour over bread slices. let sit a couple minutes, turn slices over so they absorb all the egg mixture
- 3lay pan in freezer, uncovered until firm. individual slices can then be put in bags and kept frozen until ready to use
- 4to prepare, heat oven to 500 degrees. place one or more slices on a greased baking sheet. drizzle or brush slices with melted butter.
- 5bake 8 minutes, turn slices, drizzle more butter and bake another 5 to 10 minutes.
- 6serve hot with confectioners sugar or your favorite syrup.
- 7a nice warm "orange based syrup would be great ! ideas are endless!!