1 lbbulk sausage (i prefer medium spicy)
1 can(s)diced tomatoes and green chilies - drained (10 ounce size)
1/2 cchunky style salsa (medium or hot)
2 1/2 cshredded velveeta cheese
10 largeeggs, slightly beaten
1/2 csour cream
2/3 chalf and half
1 1/2 tspsalt
1 pinchcoarse black pepper (optional)
How to Make Fiesta Egg Breakfast Casserole
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees and grease 7x11 baking dish.
- Crumble and brown sausage in skillet and drain well. (I blot crumbles with paper towels to remove as much grease as possible.)
- Pour tomatoes and green chilies, salsa and cheese in skillet and cook on medium to medium-low heat, stirring constantly just until cheese melts. Remove from heat.
- Beat eggs in a bowl with 1 1/2 tsp salt, sour cream and half and half. Fold in crumbled sausage and tomato-cheese mixture.
- Transfer all into prepared dish and bake uncovered for about 25 minutes or until the center is set.
- Garnish with dollops of sour cream and salsa.
- A nice variation is to add onions, green peppers and mushrooms. There are so many variations to this recipe!