- 1 1/2 lb
- bulk sausage (i used jimmy dean's maple but any kind will work but don't use spicy
- 1 can(s)
- apple pie filling with more fruit--avoid high fructose style (21 oz.)
- medium chopped fresh apples (i used one gala and one granny smith)
- 2 c
- sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 1/2 c
- original bisquick mix
- 1 1/2 c
How to Make Festive Apple Sausage Cheddar Brunch Bake
- 1Preheat oven to 375. Spray 13 x 9 glass baking dish with cooking spray. In a 12 inch skillet, cook the sausage for 5 to 7 minutes, breaking apart with a fork. Drain the sausage and crumber and return it to the skillet.
- 2Add apple pie filling, fresh apples, and mix well. Put this mixture in the baking dish and top with one cup of the shredded cheese.
- 3In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, and Bisquick. Pour evenly over the sausage mixture.
- 4Bake 30-35 minutes or until a knife inserted in center comes out clean. Top with reamining 1 cup of cheese and bake 3 to 5 minutes or until cheese is melted. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.