★★★★★ 1 vote5
- 2 c
- frozen thawed hash browns
- 2 Tbsp
- 1/3 c
- 1 c
- smoked kielbasa diced or any other meat
- 1/2 c
- diced onion
How to Make Farmer's Start
- 1In a 1 1/2 quart casserole dish, microwave onion and 2 tablespoons butter, uncovered for 1 minute.
- 2Add potatoes.
- 3Cook, covered for 4-6 minutes.
- 4Beat together eggs, milk, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper.
- 5Stir in meat.
- 6Pour over potatoes.
- 7Cook on high for 4-5 minutes.
- 8Push cooked portion to center after 1 1/2 minutes, then every 30 seconds after.
- 9Let stand 1 minute after cooking to let egg set completely.