- non stick cooking spray
- 3 c
- frozen shredded hash browns potatoes
- 3/4 c
- shredded monterey jack cheese with jaleeno peppers or shredded cheddar cheese (3oz)
- 1 c
- diced cooked ham or canadian-style bacon
- 1/4 c
- sliced green onions (2)
- beaten eggs or 1 cup refridgerated or frozen egg product,thawed.
- 1 1/2 c
- milk or 1 12oz. can evaporated milk or fat free evaporated milk
- 1/8 tsp
- 1/8 tsp
How to Make Farmers Casserole
- 1Coat a 2 quart square baking dish with non stick cooking spray.Arrange potatoes evenly in the bottom of the dish.
Sprinkle with cheese,ham,and green onions
- 2In a bowl combine eggs,milk,salt,and pepper.
Pour egg mixture over potato mixture.
- 3Bake,uncovered,in a 350* oven 40-45 minutes or until a knife inserted near center comes out clean.
Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
- 4Farmers Casserole For 12:Prepare as above,except double all ingredients and use a 3 quart rectangular
Bake casserole,uncovered,for 45-55 minutes or until a knife inserted near center comes out clean.Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
- 5Make A head Directions: prepare as first recipe through step 2.Cover,chill up to 24 hours
Bake,uncovered,in a 350* oven for 50-55 minutes or until a knife inserted near center comes out clean.Let stand 5 minutes before serving.