Fall Baked Oatmeal
The variations on this dish are endless. You can use any fruit, fresh or canned. Just drain first.
You can use any nuts or non.
If you don't use the pumpkin then increase the milk by 1/2 cup.
You can bake in muffin tins.
You can freeze the entire dish, bake on baking paper and remove, or cut into single servings and freeze.
1 can(s)15 oz 100% real pumpkin
1 1/2 crolled oatmeal, not instant
1/2 cbrown sugar (i use splenda brown sugar)
1 cpecans chopped nuts divided
1 tspbaking powder
1/2 tspsalt (kosher)
1 1/2 cmilk
2 cdiced cooking apples
1/2 Tbspvanilla extract
1/2 Tbsppumpkin pie spices
How to Make Fall Baked Oatmeal
- Combine wet ingredients and wisk until smooth. Retain 1/2 of the nuts and 1/2 of the cinnamon.
- Combine dry ingredients and blend. Retain 1/2 of the nuts. Pour in wet and blend.
- Melt butter in the 8 x 8 baking dish and pull up onto the sides.
- Peel and core the cooking apples and dice into 1/2" pieces. Place into the baking dish.
- Pour mixture into 8 x 8 buttered dish. Spread the remaining nuts and cinnamon on top.