Everything But The Kitchen Sink Quiche
- 1 c
- diced smoked ham cubes, 1/2" cubes
- 1 c
- shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/3 c
- chopped onion
- 1 c
- fresh spinach, deveined
- 1/2 c
- chopped mushroom, fresh
- 2/3 c
- heavy whipping cream
- 6 large
- eggs, separated
- 2 medium
- pre made pie shells
- 1 Tbsp
- olive oil, light
How to Make Everything But The Kitchen Sink Quiche
- 1Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees. In a medium skillet, heat olive oil and saute onions and mushrooms together. Add spinach and heat just to wilting. Add ham cubes, cover and reduce heat to very low.
- 2In a large bowl, beat egg whites to stiff peaks, then slowly add whipping cream to a custard like consistency. Add egg yolks one at a time, maintaining the custard-like consistency.
- 3Remove ham and vegetable mixture from heat and slowly add by large spoonfuls into egg mixture, adding shredded cheese in between. Reserve about 1/4 cup of cheese back.
- 4Add egg mixture evenly between 2 8" pre-made pie shells. Sprinkle the remaining cheddar cheese on top of each.
- 5Place each quiche' on a cookie sheet mid-oven and bake for approximately 25 to 30 minutes. If the weather is very damp outdoors, expect to add about 10 minutes to your baking time.
- 6When golden brown on top, pull from oven and allow to cool for about 10 minutes. Slice and serve. Bon Appetit!