Everything But The Kitchen Sink Quiche
1 cdiced smoked ham cubes, 1/2" cubes
1 cshredded sharp cheddar cheese
1/3 cchopped onion
1 cfresh spinach, deveined
1/2 cchopped mushroom, fresh
2/3 cheavy whipping cream
6 largeeggs, separated
2 mediumpre made pie shells
1 Tbspolive oil, light
How to Make Everything But The Kitchen Sink Quiche
- Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees. In a medium skillet, heat olive oil and saute onions and mushrooms together. Add spinach and heat just to wilting. Add ham cubes, cover and reduce heat to very low.
- In a large bowl, beat egg whites to stiff peaks, then slowly add whipping cream to a custard like consistency. Add egg yolks one at a time, maintaining the custard-like consistency.
- Remove ham and vegetable mixture from heat and slowly add by large spoonfuls into egg mixture, adding shredded cheese in between. Reserve about 1/4 cup of cheese back.
- Add egg mixture evenly between 2 8" pre-made pie shells. Sprinkle the remaining cheddar cheese on top of each.
- Place each quiche' on a cookie sheet mid-oven and bake for approximately 25 to 30 minutes. If the weather is very damp outdoors, expect to add about 10 minutes to your baking time.
- When golden brown on top, pull from oven and allow to cool for about 10 minutes. Slice and serve. Bon Appetit!