Epic Breakfast Bake
I was kind of proud of myself when my voracious eater didn't come back a little while later complaining about being hungry!
- 1 lb
- ground breakfast sausage
- 1 c
- cooked bacon, chopped
- 1/2 c
- onion, chopped
- 1 clove
- garlic, minced
- button mushrooms, chopped (optional)
- bell pepper, chopped (optional)
- roma tomato, diced (optional)
- 4 oz
- cream cheese (about 1/2 a package) softened
- 1 Tbsp
- butter, melted
- 1/2-3/4 c
- 2 c
- shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 pkg
- crescent rolls, rolled out flat
- potatoes, shredded (or about 3 cups hashbrown mix)
- salt and pepper to taste
- eggs, scrambled
Cook ground breakfast sausage and bacon. Chop bacon and onion and add with minced garlic to the sausage. Cook until sausage is completely cooked.
In a large bowl, mix the meat mixture and cheese mixture and let rest.
If desired, lightly saute the bell pepper, tomato and mushrooms.
In a greased baking dish, layer hashbrowns, pressing firmly with back of a spatula or spoon.
Add layer of cooked pepper, tomato and mushrooms if desired.
Pour over the meat and cheese sauce mixture.
Layer the scrambled eggs on top of that and sprinkle with a little shredded cheese.
Top with rolled crescent dough and bake about 10-12 minutes, until the top is golden brown and done.