Egg, Potato and Cheese Casserole
Blue Ribbon Recipe
We used bacon as our meat of choice in this recipe and it made for a wonderfully complete meal! All the yummy flavors of a traditional breakfast in one easy dish... woohoo! The Test Kitchen
- 6-8 medium
- 2 Tbsp
- 3 c
- sharp cheese, grated
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 c
- finely diced onion
- 1 c
- cooked diced ham, browned sausage or cooked and drained bacon pieces
How to Make Egg, Potato and Cheese Casserole
- 1Cook potatoes and cool in the refrigerator. (Can be done the night before.)
- 2Peel, then grate potatoes. (or rice in ricer)
- 3Mix eggs, water, salt and pepper together.
- 4Put potatoes and onion, evenly over bottom of a greased casserole. (You can mix them together if you'd like.)
- 5Layer or mix in, ham or whatever meat you are using.
- 6Pour beaten egg mixture over potatoes.
- 7Spread cheese over top.
- 8Cover with foil and bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
- 9Remove foil and bake an additional 15 minutes until golden brown.
- 10Let set 10 minutes after baking before cutting and serving.