Egg Cheese Casserole
Blue Ribbon Recipe
Super cheesy this breakfast casserole would be fabulous on Christmas morning! The top is nice and crispy and the inside is fluffy and moist. Serve with bacon and toast and you have a lovely breakfast. Or, serve with broccoli or cauliflower and you have a tasty dinner. Next time, I may add some veggies and green onions for a pop of color and flavor.
Note: Since it's only my husband and I, I cut the recipe in half. Worked wonderfully. It's a recipe you can scale up or down. The Test Kitchen
7 mediumeggs, beaten
1 lbMonterey Jack cheese, shredded
1 lbcottage cheese
4 ozcream cheese, cubed
3/4 stickbutter, cut up
1 tspbaking powder
How to Make Egg Cheese Casserole
- Beat together eggs, milk & salt. Set aside.
- Combine Monterey Jack, cottage cheese & cream cheese; add butter and set aside.
- To egg mixture, add the baking powder & flour. Mix well.
- Stir the cheese into the eggs and pour into a buttered glass baking dish - 9 x 13".
- Bake @ 350 degrees for 1 hour.