Egg Cheese Casserole
Super cheesy this breakfast casserole would be fabulous on Christmas morning! The top is nice and crispy and the inside is fluffy and moist. Serve with bacon and toast and you have a lovely breakfast. Or, serve with broccoli or cauliflower and you have a tasty dinner. Next time, I may add some veggies and green onions for a pop of color and flavor.
Note: Since it's only my husband and I, I cut the recipe in half. Worked wonderfully. It's a recipe you can scale up or down.
- 7 medium
- eggs, beaten
- 1 c
- 2 tsp
- 1 lb
- Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
- 1 lb
- cottage cheese
- 4 oz
- cream cheese, cubed
- 3/4 stick
- butter, cut up
- 1 tsp
- baking powder
- 1/2 c
How to Make Egg Cheese Casserole
- 1Beat together eggs, milk & salt. Set aside.
- 2Combine Monterey Jack, cottage cheese & cream cheese; add butter and set aside.
- 3To egg mixture, add the baking powder & flour. Mix well.
- 4Stir the cheese into the eggs and pour into a buttered glass baking dish - 9 x 13".
- 5Bake @ 350 degrees for 1 hour.