2eggs per person
1slice bacon per egg
·sour cream, enough to cover eggs (can be lite but regular works better)
·grated sharp cheddar cheese, enough to cover eggs
·sliced mushrooms, optional
·chopped red bell pepper, optional
·diced onion, optional
·skim milk, enough to scramble with eggs
How to Make Egg Casserole
- Cook bacon your preferred way; fry, microwave, or bake.
- If you are using any of the optional ingredients, saute them lightly in the bacon grease. You can add other vegetables you might like; e.g., broccoli, tomato.
- Pre-heat oven to 325 degrees.
- Spray appropriate sized casserole dish with cooking spray.
- Lightly scramble eggs and milk until still wet and slightly runny. Put eggs in prepared casserole dish.
- Crumble bacon over eggs.
- If you have used any optional ingredients you can mix them in with the eggs before putting into the casserole dish or just layer on top.
- Sprinkle cheese over eggs/bacon/veggies.
- Spoon over top enough sour cream to cover everything all the way to the edges of the casserole dish. (Can sprinkle additional cheese on top if desired.)
- Bake for about 30 minutes or until cheese is fully melted and just starts to bubble.
- This dish can be prepared the night before through step 9. Refrigerate overnight. You may need to add a few minutes to cooking time if you do this.