Easy "Make Ahead" Breakfast Casserole
- 6 slice
- sourdough bread, buttered with real butter, softened
- 2 c
- frozen hash browns, o'brien style (with onions & bell peppers))
- 1 pkg
- jimmy dean country sausage, cooked & crumbled. or use 8-10 slices of applewood, thick sliced bacon, or you can use 12 to 16 oz. of cooked ham.
- 2 c
- colby/jack cheese, grated & divided in half
- 2 c
- milk, 2%
- 8 large
- eggs, beaten
- 1/2 c
- *mushrooms, sliced & sauteed in real butter (optional)
- several dash(es)
- salt and pepper, to taste
How to Make Easy "Make Ahead" Breakfast Casserole
- 1Preheat oven to 350*F.
Butter all the bread slices and cut into cubes.
Spread them on bottom of a 9X13 lightly buttered casserole dish.
- 2Pour (2 cups) frozen hash browns evenly on top of bread.
- 3Sprinkle cooked crumbled sausage (or other meat) on top of hash browns. You can use 1 C. diced lean ham or 1 C. crumbled, cooked bacon. They are all delicious!
- 4Sprinkle half of the cheese evenly over the meat.
*If you choose to add the (optional) sauteed mushrooms, add them now.
- 5Beat the eggs, milk, salt & pepper together. Pour evenly over the layers.
- 6Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Let stand for 1 hour then bake. May be made ahead and kept in refridgerator over night.
- 7Bake in 350*F. oven for 40-45 minutes or until a knife inserted near center comes out clean. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving. Serve with toast & jam and some fruit. Enjoy!