Easy Breakfast Quiche
- refrigerated pie crust
- 1 1/2 c
- shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 Tbsp
- 1 c
- half and half or milk
- 1/2 tsp
- salt (or more to taste)
- 1/4 tsp
- ground black pepper (or more to taste)
- 1 to 1 1/2 c
- cooked and crumbled sausage (pork or turkey). this can be purchased precooked or you can cook your own.
- green onions, sliced (optional)
How to Make Easy Breakfast Quiche
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees (F). Line a 9" pie plate with crust, following package directions for a one crust pie.
- 2Toss shredded cheese with flour. Beat eggs, half and half (or milk), salt and pepper in a large bowl until well blended. Stir in sausage, cheese and onions, if desired. Pour mixture into crust.
- 3Bake 40 to 45 minutes or until the edges are golden brown and a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand 5 minutes before serving. Or cool completely and cover and refrigerate until the next day.
Cover the edge of the crust with foil if it browns too quickly.
When reheating, cut into slices and reheat one at a time in the microwave.