Dutch's Original Diabetic Friendly Breakfast Pie
I hope Diabetics and those that cook for them, if they don't cook themselves will enjoy this.
- 1 1/2 c
- cubed cooked ham or cooked turkey bacon~turkey sausage
- 2/3 c
- chopped onions
- 1/2 c
- canned sliced mushrooms
- egg beaters (1c.), southwest type (it has onions-peppers in it) or regular
- 1/2 c
- low fat milk, beaten into the eggs
- for pie
- 1 1/3 c
- low fat milk
- eggs/ or equiv.regular egg beaters
- 3/4 c
- heart smart bisquick mix
How to Make Dutch's Original Diabetic Friendly Breakfast Pie
- 1Scramble the meat, onions, mushrooms and eggs in a skillet, set aside
- 2Thoroughly blend the pie ingredients in a blender or food processor
- 3Put meat/egg mix in a greased 8" X 8" oven dish and pour the pie mix over.
- 4Into a pre-heated 400^ oven 35~45min or knife clean.
- 5Optional: Put shredded cheese of choice on top and melt in oven for a few minutes. I use a Lite cheese.
- 6It's even better the next day.