Dutch Farmer's Breakfast
- 2 c
- frozen hash browns (thawed) or shredded real potatoes
- 1/2 c
- chopped onion (if using hash browns with onions/peppers omit the 1/2 cup here)
- salt and pepper
- 1 c
- cooked cubed ham or scrambled cooked sausage
- 1/2 c
- grated cheddar cheese
How to Make Dutch Farmer's Breakfast
- 11. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- 22. Brown potatoes, salt and pepper in skillet with vegetable spray. (brown but not crispy)Stir in meat. Turn off heat.
- 33. In a bowl beat eggs. Put potato/meat mixture into a 9 X 13" casserole pan sprayed with vegetable spray. Pour eggs over.
- 44. Bake 20-30 minutes, COVERED. Eggs should be set and done. Sprinkle cheese over top. Bake uncovered 5 minutes more.
- 5Variations: You can add more chopped red and/or green peppers or mushrooms.
Optional: Assemble the night before and bake in the morning. It doesn't turn out quite as well but you can do this.