- 1....8 oz
- loaf french bread,cut into 1" cubes (8c.)
- 2 c
- chopped cooked chicken or turkey
- 1...4 1/2 oz
- jar sliced mushrooms..drained
- 1/2 c
- sliced green onion (4)
- 3 c
- shredded colby jack cheese or american cheese (12oz)
- 5 large
- beaten eggs
- 2 1/2 c
- 3 Tbsp
- dijon-style mustard
- 1/4 tsp
- black pepper
How to Make Dijon Chicken Strata
- 1Place bread cubes in a greased 3 quart rectangular baking dish.(13"x9")
Layer chicken,mushrooms,and green onions over bread;sprinkle with cheese.
- 2In a large bow,whisk together eggs,milk,mustard,and pepper.
carefully pour over layers in dish.
Cover and chill for 2 to 24 hours.
- 3Bake,uncovered,in a 325 oven about 40 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean.
Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.