★★★★★ 2 votes5
1 - 32 oz. bag(s)frozen hash brown potatoes
2 lbcooked ham, cubed
1 cchopped onion
1green pepper, chopped
1red pepper, chopped
3 cshredded sharp cheddar cheese
2 chalf 'n' half
1 tspsalt and pepper
How to Make Crockpot Egg Casserole
- Spray sides and bottom of 4-6 qt. Crockpot with nonstick cooking spray.
- Layer 1/3 of potatoes, ham, onion, peppers, and cheese in the Crockpot. Repeat layers using the same order as the first and ending with cheese.
- In a large bowl, break eggs, and beat well with seasonings and half "n" half.
- Pour egg mixture over all layers in Crockpot making sure the liquid seeps down to the bottom layer in the pot.
- Cover, turn on low and cook for 10 hours.
- Use your imagination: try Canadian bacon or sausage instead of ham; Swiss cheese in place of cheddar. Add some minced jalapeno peppers and Mexican tomatoes for a Mexican flair. Enjoy!
- Mix up this recipe at night and you have a great, hot breakfast ready when you wake up in the morning.