★★★★★ 2 votes5
- 1 - 32 oz. bag(s)
- frozen hash brown potatoes
- 2 lb
- cooked ham, cubed
- 1 c
- chopped onion
- green pepper, chopped
- red pepper, chopped
- 3 c
- shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 c
- half 'n' half
- 1 tsp
- salt and pepper
How to Make Crockpot Egg Casserole
- 1Spray sides and bottom of 4-6 qt. Crockpot with nonstick cooking spray.
- 2Layer 1/3 of potatoes, ham, onion, peppers, and cheese in the Crockpot. Repeat layers using the same order as the first and ending with cheese.
- 3In a large bowl, break eggs, and beat well with seasonings and half "n" half.
- 4Pour egg mixture over all layers in Crockpot making sure the liquid seeps down to the bottom layer in the pot.
- 5Cover, turn on low and cook for 10 hours.
- 6Use your imagination: try Canadian bacon or sausage instead of ham; Swiss cheese in place of cheddar. Add some minced jalapeno peppers and Mexican tomatoes for a Mexican flair. Enjoy!
- 7Mix up this recipe at night and you have a great, hot breakfast ready when you wake up in the morning.