Creme Brulee Oatmeal
Found this recipe on the Turntable kitchen site and it looked too good to pass up!! And it is.. so so good!!
- 1 c
- quick cooking oats
- 3 Tbsp
- 1 tsp
- ground cinnamon
- 2 Tbsp
- crasins or dried cranberries
- 2-4 Tbsp
- chopped walnuts, optional
- 1 3/4 c
- 1 tsp
- 3-4 Tbsp
- sugar (for the top)
How to Make Creme Brulee Oatmeal
- 1pre heat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Spray two au gratin dishes or one small casserole dish with non stick cooking spray.
- 3In a large bowl combine the oats, sugar, cinnamon, dried cranberries, nuts and mix well.
- 4In a smaller bowl add the egg, milk, and vanilla and stir until well combined.
- 5Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix well.
- 6Divide the mixture evenly into the au gratin dishes and bake at 350 for 30-35 minutes or until the mixture is somewhat firm.
- 7Turn the broiler on. Evenly sprinkle the 3-4 Tblsp sugar on top of each dish and broil 1-3 minutes until the sugar bubbles and slightly browns. (watch very carefully so it doesn't burn)
- 8Remove from the broiler and allow to cool slightly.
- 9Serve with additional milk or cream and enjoy!!!