Creme Brulee Oatmeal
Found this recipe on the Turntable kitchen site and it looked too good to pass up!! And it is.. so so good!!
1 cquick cooking oats
1 tspground cinnamon
2 Tbspcrasins or dried cranberries
2-4 Tbspchopped walnuts, optional
1 3/4 cmilk
3-4 Tbspsugar (for the top)
How to Make Creme Brulee Oatmeal
- pre heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray two au gratin dishes or one small casserole dish with non stick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl combine the oats, sugar, cinnamon, dried cranberries, nuts and mix well.
- In a smaller bowl add the egg, milk, and vanilla and stir until well combined.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix well.
- Divide the mixture evenly into the au gratin dishes and bake at 350 for 30-35 minutes or until the mixture is somewhat firm.
- Turn the broiler on. Evenly sprinkle the 3-4 Tblsp sugar on top of each dish and broil 1-3 minutes until the sugar bubbles and slightly browns. (watch very carefully so it doesn't burn)
- Remove from the broiler and allow to cool slightly.
- Serve with additional milk or cream and enjoy!!!