Creme Brulee French Toast Casserole
- 2 Tbsp
- corn syrup, dark
- 1 stick
- 1 c
- brown sugar, packed
- loaf french bread
- 5 large
- 1 1/2 c
- heavy whipping cream
- 1 tsp
- maple extract
- 1 tsp
- grand marnier (opt) or cointreau
- 1/4 tsp
THICKLY SLICED, WITH THE CRUST REMOVED
CREME BRULEE SAUCE
IN PLACE OF GRAND MARNIER USE ORANGE JUICE
OR ANY OTHER ORANGE-FLAVORED LIQUEUR
How to Make Creme Brulee French Toast Casserole
- 1In a small saucepan combine the syrup, butter and brown sugar; simmer until syrupy. Pour this mixture into a 9x13" baking pan that has been sprayed with Pam. Set aside.
- 2Slice the loaf into thick slices, and place the syrup in the baking pan. Place the bread on top of the syrup.
- 3In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, cream, maple extract, Grand Marnier and salt. Pour evenly over the bread. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- 4In the morning, leave the casserole at room temperature while the oven preheats.
Bake at 350°F uncovered, for 45 minutes.
Cut into squares and serve immediately.
- 5Serve with maple syrup and butter. Sprinkle with Powdered Sugar...You may garnish with fresh berries upon serving...