Creme Brulee French Toast Casserole
2 Tbspcorn syrup, dark
1 cbrown sugar, packed
1loaf french bread
THICKLY SLICED, WITH THE CRUST REMOVED
CREME BRULEE SAUCE
1 1/2 cheavy whipping cream
1 tspmaple extract
1 tspgrand marnier (opt) or cointreau
IN PLACE OF GRAND MARNIER USE ORANGE JUICE
OR ANY OTHER ORANGE-FLAVORED LIQUEUR
How to Make Creme Brulee French Toast Casserole
- In a small saucepan combine the syrup, butter and brown sugar; simmer until syrupy. Pour this mixture into a 9x13" baking pan that has been sprayed with Pam. Set aside.
- Slice the loaf into thick slices, and place the syrup in the baking pan. Place the bread on top of the syrup.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, cream, maple extract, Grand Marnier and salt. Pour evenly over the bread. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- In the morning, leave the casserole at room temperature while the oven preheats.
Bake at 350°F uncovered, for 45 minutes.
Cut into squares and serve immediately.
- Serve with maple syrup and butter. Sprinkle with Powdered Sugar...You may garnish with fresh berries upon serving...