Creme Brulee French Toast
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
1 cbrown sugar, packed
2 Tbsplight corn syrup
12 ozhalf and half
1 tspgrand marnier
How to Make Creme Brulee French Toast
- In a small heavy saucepan melt butter with brown sugar and corn syrup ver moderate heat, stirring, until smooth and pour into a 13- by 9- by 2-inch baking dish.
- Cut six 1-inch thick slices from center portion of
bread, reserving ends for another use, and trim crusts. Arrange bread slices in one layer in baking dish, squeezing them slightly to fit.
- In a bowl whisk together eggs, half-and-half, vanilla, Grand Marnier, and salt until combined well and pour evenly over bread. Chill bread mixture, covered, at least 8 hours and up to 1 day.
- Preheat oven to 350° F. and bring bread to room temperature.
- Bake bread mixture, uncovered, in middle of oven until puffed and edges are pale golden, 35 to 40 minutes.