★★★★★ 1 vote5
- 1 Tbsp
- butter, softened for greasing
- 3 c
- 3/4 c
- maple syrup, plus extra for serving
- 1 tsp
- vanilla extract
- 2 Tbsp
- 1/4 tsp
- 12 slice
- bread, day old is best
- 1/4 c
- 8 oz
- cream cheese, room temperature
How to Make Cream Stuffed French Toast
- 1Butter a 9x13-inch baking dish. Set aside.
- 2In a large bowl, beat 4 eggs until frothy. Add 2 cups milk, maple syrup, vanilla extract, cinnamon and salt.
- 3Trim crusts from bread. Arrange half of the bread in the prepared baking dish. Pour 1/2 of the milk mixture over bread in the baking dish.
- 4Add cream cheese, 1 cup of milk, 2 eggs and sugar to a blender. Process until smooth. Pour cream cheese mixture over moist bread in the baking dish.
- 5Top with remaing bread; pour remaining milk mixture over bread. Cover and refrigerate for a minimum of 2 hours but overnight is best.
- 6Remove dish from refrigerator. Uncover and put dish in cold oven. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Do NOT start timer until oven has reached 350 degrees F. Bake for 55 minutes until top is golden and the filling is set. Spoon onto servicing plates and drizzle with maple syrup.