Corned Beef Hash w/ a Twist!
- 2-3 Tbsp
- olive oil, light
- 8 oz
- diced red bell pepper
- 6 small
- green onions, sliced
- 1 lb
- sweet potatoes, cooked, peeled and sliced
- 1 lb
- red or white potatoes, cooked and sliced
- 1 1/2 lb
- cooked corned beef, shredded or cut into chunks
How to Make Corned Beef Hash w/ a Twist!
- 1In a large skillet with a fitting lid heat oil over medium-high heat. Add peppers and sautee until they start to get tender.
- 2Add the corned beef and heat through.
- 3Add green onions with all the potatoes into the pan, stir around to incorporate the peppers. Place a lid on the pan and cook for 7-10 minutes.
- 4Remove the lid and turn hash in sections. Level out the hash and crack the desired number of eggs around the top. Replace the lid and allow to cook another 7-minutes or until eggs are cooked to your liking.
- 5Season to taste, I like crushed red pepper flakes for a little heat. I wouldn't add salt as the corned beef will season the dish with salt.
- 6To serve, using a spatula cut around eggs and serve up the hash with the egg or eggs on top.
- 7This is great for breakfast but also hearty enough for dinner. If doing a dinner I add about 1 pound of cut-up asparagus spears in with the peppers...this makes it a one-dish supper!