Corned Beef Hash w/ a Twist!
2-3 Tbspolive oil, light
8 ozdiced red bell pepper
6 smallgreen onions, sliced
1 lbsweet potatoes, cooked, peeled and sliced
1 lbred or white potatoes, cooked and sliced
1 1/2 lbcooked corned beef, shredded or cut into chunks
How to Make Corned Beef Hash w/ a Twist!
- In a large skillet with a fitting lid heat oil over medium-high heat. Add peppers and sautee until they start to get tender.
- Add the corned beef and heat through.
- Add green onions with all the potatoes into the pan, stir around to incorporate the peppers. Place a lid on the pan and cook for 7-10 minutes.
- Remove the lid and turn hash in sections. Level out the hash and crack the desired number of eggs around the top. Replace the lid and allow to cook another 7-minutes or until eggs are cooked to your liking.
- Season to taste, I like crushed red pepper flakes for a little heat. I wouldn't add salt as the corned beef will season the dish with salt.
- To serve, using a spatula cut around eggs and serve up the hash with the egg or eggs on top.
- This is great for breakfast but also hearty enough for dinner. If doing a dinner I add about 1 pound of cut-up asparagus spears in with the peppers...this makes it a one-dish supper!