Cinnamon (Raisin) Cream Cheese Strata
4 largeeggs, lightly beaten
2 tspground cinnamon
1/4 cmaple syrup
1 largeloaf of cinnamon swirl or cinnamon raisin swirl bread, buttered, crusts removed
5 ozcream cheese, cut in small cubes
·warm maple syrup, for serving
How to Make Cinnamon (Raisin) Cream Cheese Strata
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Butter a 2 1/2 quart casserole or 9x13 Pyrex pan.
- In a large bowl, combine lightly beaten eggs, milk cinnamon and 1/4 cup maple syrup.
- Place a layer of buttered bread in the bottom of prepared baking dish. Sprinkle with 1/2 cream cheese. Repeat with another layer of bread. The shape of your pan decides how many layers you will make.
- Slowly pour egg mixture over top and sprinkle with remaining cream cheese cubes. Let stand one hour or cover and refrigerate up to 24 hours.
- Set baking sheet on lowest rack of over to catch any drippings. Bake strata, uncovered, on middle shelf until top is nicely browned and bubbly. About 1 hour.
- Serve with warm maple syrup.