Christmas Morning Breakfast Casserole
- 1 lb
- italian sausage removed from casing
- large eggs, beaten
- salt, pepper, parsley to taste
- 3/4 c
- 4 Tbsp
- melted butter
- 24 oz
- package frozen hash browns (o'brien potatoes with onion/pepper work well)
- 8 oz
- shredded cheddar cheese
How to Make Christmas Morning Breakfast Casserole
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- 2Brown sausage in skillet, breaking it up into small pieces as it browns.
- 3Add the hash brown potatoes to the sausage half way through cooking. Cook until the sausage is no longer pink.
- 4Place the sausage/potato mixture into a greased casserole dish (I use Pam.)
- 5Add the milk and melted butter to the beaten eggs.
- 6Season the egg mixture with salt, pepper and parsley to taste.
- 7Pour the egg mixture over the potato/sausage mixture.
- 8Top with the shredded cheddar.
- 9Bake for one hour. Let cool slightly before serving.
- 10Note: If you can't find O'Brien potatoes with onion and pepper, you can add some chopped pepper and onion to the pan while browning the sausage.