★★★★★ 1 vote5
- 1 large
- loaf for french or hawaiian bread
- 1 stick
- 10 large
- 1 c
- 1 Tbsp
- real vanilla
- 1 tsp
- 8 oz
- cream cheese
- maple syrup
How to Make Christmas morning baked French toast
- 1On Christmas eve, break up a whole loaf of French bread into 1 and 2 inch chunks. Put this in a buttered casserole dish.
- 2Mix together 10 eggs, a cup of milk, T vanilla, T maple syrup, and a little salt. Add to this a ½ c melted BUTTER. Add 8oz of cream cheese broken into teeny pieces. Pour over bread. Fold in gently.
- 3Cover tightly with foil and refrigerate over night.
- 4Once people get up, put it into the oven at 350 for one hour, uncovering for the last ten minutes.
- 5Lightly dust with powdered sugar before serving Cut into squares and serve with real maple syrup, blueberry pie filling, jam, etc. Divinely yum.