★★★★★ 1 vote5
1 largeloaf for french or hawaiian bread
1 Tbspreal vanilla
8 ozcream cheese
How to Make Christmas morning baked French toast
- On Christmas eve, break up a whole loaf of French bread into 1 and 2 inch chunks. Put this in a buttered casserole dish.
- Mix together 10 eggs, a cup of milk, T vanilla, T maple syrup, and a little salt. Add to this a ½ c melted BUTTER. Add 8oz of cream cheese broken into teeny pieces. Pour over bread. Fold in gently.
- Cover tightly with foil and refrigerate over night.
- Once people get up, put it into the oven at 350 for one hour, uncovering for the last ten minutes.
- Lightly dust with powdered sugar before serving Cut into squares and serve with real maple syrup, blueberry pie filling, jam, etc. Divinely yum.