Chorizo Quiche with Potato Crust
9 ozmexican chorizo
4 cfrozen shredded hashbrowns- divided
1 1/2 chalf and half
1/2 cred bell pepper, chopped
4 ozqueso fresco, crumbled (optional)
1 ccheddar cheese, shredded
1/4 ccilantro, fresh, chopped
1 pkgsazon by goya (orange box) **
** AVALIBLE IN THE HISPANIC FOOD SECTION, IF NOT AVALIBLE SUB WITH A PINCH OF KOSHER SALT
How to Make Chorizo Quiche with Potato Crust
- preheat oven to 425 degrees
Grease a deep 9 inch ovenproof pie plate
- cook chorizo over medium heat, about 5 min. do not over cook. Drain off the oil into a cup. remove chorizo from pan, set aside
- mix 2 cups hash-browns with chorizo drippings and 1/2 envelope Sazon**. Press potatoes into pie pan, forming a crust. Bake 20 minutes or until browned.
- While potato crust is baking,brown remaining 2 cups hash browns in same pan used to cook chorizo,
- beat eggs and Half and Half,and the remaining Sazon**, stir in drained chorizo,hash brownes, cheese, jalapenos and bell peppers.
- Pour into potato crust and bake at 350 F for 45-50 minutes or until set. Garnish with more cilantro. Let sit 15 minutes before serving.