Chile Rellenos Breakfast Casserole
3 can(s)whole green chiles, mild or hot, 10 oz
2 can(s)diced green chiles, 4 oz
1 lbblock colby jack cheese, cut into finger-size strips
12 ozshredded colby jack cheese
1 lbbreakfast sausage, regular or spicy
1/3 cbaking mix (bisquick)
1-1 1/4 cmilk
1 tspgarlic salt
1 tspground cumin
·sliced black olives
How to Make Chile Rellenos Breakfast Casserole
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray a large rectangular glass baking dish (9×13) with cooking spray.
- In a non-stick skillet, crumble and brown the breakfast sausage. Drain and set aside.
- Open and drain each can of whole chiles. Gently stuff each chili with the finger-sized pieces of Colby Jack cheese and arrange in the bottom of the baking dish.
- Spread one can of the chopped chiles over the whole chiles.
- Sprinkle half of shredded cheddar/Colby Jack over chiles.
- Spread the breakfast sausage over the cheese.
- Spread the other can of chopped chiles over the sausage layer.
- In a separate medium-sized bowl, combine eggs, garlic salt, cumin, baking mix, and milk. Whisk until most of the clumps are gone (some may remain).
- Pour egg mixture over chiles.
- Bake covered for 40-45 minutes.
- Remove cover and add remaining cheese to the top of the casserole and return to 350-degree oven, uncovered, for an additional 10 - 20 minutes or cheese starts to turn light brown.
- Remove and allow to sit for 5 minutes before serving.