★★★★★ 1 vote5
- eggs, beaten
- 1 16 oz can(s)
- evaporated milk
- 8 oz
- cheddar cheese, shredded
- 8 oz
- monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 3 4 oz can(s)
- diced green chiles, drained
- 3 Tbsp
- 1 dash(es)
How to Make Chile Relleno Casserole
- 1Heat oven to 350 dgrees. In a 13"x9" greased/Pam'd glass pan, layer as follows:
Bottom: 1 can chiles
Next layer: all monterey jack cheese
Next layer: 2 cans chiles
Next layer: cheddar cheese
- 2Beat eggs; add evaporated milk and flour mixture. Beat again to mix.
- 3Pour egg mixture into pan. Bake for 45-55 minutes, or until top is golden brown.
This reheats beautifully, but doesn't freeze well. I've cooked the night before, refrigerated, and then taken to work for breakfast.
You can also subsitute mushrooms/bacon/swiss for chiles/cheddar. Key is using Monterey jack cheese since it's not as oily.