- large, day old croissants, cut into cubes
- 2 Tbsp
- 1/2 c
- finely chopped onion
- 1 can(s)
- spinach, drained
- 2 c
- shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 pkg
- pork breakfast sausage, cooked and drained
- 2 1/4 c
- half and half
- 2 tsp
- dijon mustard
- 3/4 tsp
- 1/4 tsp
- 1 tsp
- dried basil
2. Melt the butter in a medium skillet and saute the onion on medium-low heat for 5 minutes.
3. Stir in the drained spinach, until mixed.
4. Spoon spinach and onions on croissant cubes, then sprinkle on half the cheese and all of the sausage.
5. Top with remaining croissant cubes and the rest of the cheese.
6. In a blender, mix eggs, half and half, mustard, salt, pepper, and basil.
7. Pour evenly over the casserole to moisten all of the croissant pieces. Gently press down with a fork to get all of the croissant dampened.
8. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours, or over night.
9. Heat oven to 350. Remove plastic wrap and bake until puffed and golden brown. About 45-55 minutes. Cool at least 10 minutes before serving.