Cheesey-Egg Breakfast Casserole
- 1-2 lb
- favorite bulk country sausage[if desired can use bacon or diced ham]
- eggs( slightyly beaten)
- 3 c
- lowfat milk
- 2-3 lb
- shredded chedder cheese[ you can use more cheese if desired]
- 9-10 slice
- white or whole wheat bread
- 1 stick
- butter or margerine
How to Make Cheesey-Egg Breakfast Casserole
- 1Use butter/margerine to litely grease 9x13 inch baking dish. lay bread slices side by side in a single layer to cover bottom of baking dish. In a skillet, brown sausage and cook bacon until crisp.Break sausage up into bits, cool bacon & crumble. Place both in a bowl & set aside.
- 2Sprinkle sausage,bacon, & ham over bread as evenly as possible. Evenly spread shredded chese over top of meat. Crack eggs into separate bowl. BEATslightly beat with fork and then add milk to eggs and stir together. Pour egg/milk mixtureslowly over bread/meat/cheese layers being careful not to create egg mixture only pockets in casserole.
- 3If not going to cook right away,tightly cover and store prepared casserole in refrigerater until ready to cook[up to a few hours is OK.]Preheat oven to 325degrees. Place uncovered casserole in preheated oven and bAKE AT 325 FOR 1 HOUR OR UNTIL CHEESEY TOP IS GOLDEN. CASSEROLE WILL PUFF UP SOME WHEN BAKING. LET COOL A WHILE UNTIL MIXTURE HAS COLLASPED A LITTLE AND SET UP enough. SO PORTIONS WILL RETAIN SHAPE WHEN CUT AND SERVED. CUT INTO 8-10 PORTIONS AND SERVE WARM.
lEFTOVER SERVINGS CAN BE WRAPPED IN PLASTIC WRAPOR PLACED IN FREEZER CONTAINER AND FROZEN for up to a MONTH BEFORE REHEATING. BON APPETIT!!!