Cheese Strada (with Sausage)
The best way to describe it would be a Savory bread pudding type casserole. Is good for Breakfast/Brunch/Church functions etc.
- 1 lb
- sausage (i use maple sausage)
- 3/4 c
- onion, chopped
- 8 slice
- white bread, cubed
- 1 1/2 c
- cheddar cheese, shredded, divided
- 1 can(s)
- cream of mushroom soup, condensed
- 2 1/2 c
- eggs, beaten
- 3/4 tsp
- dry mustard
How to Make Cheese Strada (with Sausage)
- 1Brown Sausage and Onion. Drain off fat.
- 2Combine Bread cubes, 1 Cup cheddar cheese, Mushroom soup, milk, eggs and mustard with sausage mixture.
- 3Place in a 9x13 pan. Refrigerate overnight.
- 4Bake covered at 325 degrees for 1 hour. Sprinkle remaining 1/2 cup cheese on top and continue baking 15 minutes longer uncovered.