My 13 y/o son does NOT like potatoes, except McD's french fries...yeah, go figure. :)
But, he LOVES this breakfast casserole made with potato patties (hash brown squares) He first had it at a church free-will offering breakfast, and actually went back for seconds.
2 pkg22.5 oz frozen hash brown patties (wal mart -great value brand has 10/pkg) or similar
10-12 slicebacon (or leftover ham - or browned sausage)
1 1/2 csour cream
1 can(s)cream of mushroom soup
3 cshredded cheese (flavor of your choice)
How to Make Breakfast Layers
- grease of spray with pam a 9 x 13 casserole pan
- Cook potatoes (hash brown patties) according to package directions. Then cover bottom of 9x13 pan with a layer of potato squares
- mix together sour cream & cream of mushroom soup - set aside
- While potatoes are baking - cook bacon til crisp - crumble & set aside or (brown & scramble sausage, set aside) or (cut ham into bite size pieces, set aside)
- scramble the eggs & milk together - cooking over medium heat & stirring constantly, cook only until JUST setting up, but NOT dry or 'done' - REMOVE FROM HEAT.
- top potato layer with a layer of partially scrambled eggs
- top egg layer with a layer of MEAT
- add thin layer of sour cream/soup mixture
- add layer of shredded cheese
- repeat layers a SECOND time
- bake covered with foil in 350 degree oven for 45 minutes - turn oven to 425, remove foil bake for an additional 5 minutes to brown top layer of cheese.