- eggs, beaten
- 1/4 c
- milk or cream
- 2-4 Tbsp
- butter, enough to scramble eggs in
- 1 lb
- ground sausage, spicy
- salt, to taste
- flour tortillas
- 2 c
- monterey jack cheese
- 1/2 c
- 1/2 c
- 4 c
- 3 c
- cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 c
- green chili salsa
- 1 1/2 tsp
- garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp
- cayenne pepper
How to Make Breakfast Enchiladas
- 1Fry sausage in a skillet, crumbling as it cooks. When good and brown, drain well and reserve.
- 2Beat eggs, add milk and season with salt. Melt butter in a skillet over medium heat. When butter is melted and sizzles, add egg mixture. DO NOT STIR. Use a spatula to rake across the bottom of the skillet giving the eggs time to set without over cooking. (If the eggs seem to cook too fast, turn heat to low) Cook to near done. Eggs will be "moist" when done, NOT DRY.
- 3For the Cheese sauce.
Melt the butter in a 4 quart sauce pan.
- 4Add flour and stir until well blended. Cook for 2 minutes on medium low heat stirring constantly.
- 5Add seasonings and stir.
- 6Add milk, stirring to remove any lumps.
- 7Turn heat to low and continue to cook, stirring occasionally until sauce reaches a medium thick consistancy.
- 8Add cheese and stir until melted.
- 9Add green chili salsa, heat through.
Mix eggs, sausage and about 1 cup of cheese sauce together.
Greese a casserole dish or cake pan.
Place a good spoonfull of egg mixture down the center of a flour tortilla.
Roll the tortilla around the egg and place, seam side down in the pan.
Continue until all egg mixture is finished.
Top enchiladas with cheese sauce.
Sprinkle with Monterey Jack Cheese.
Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes or until heated through and cheese is melted.