120 ounce package pre-shredded hash brown-style potatoes
2large eggs, lightly beaten
1small sweet onion, coarsely grated
2thick slices deli ham, chopped into small bits (about 1 cup)
1 cshredded mozzarella cheese
1/2 cgrated parmesan cheese
·salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
1dozen eggs, scrambled
·chives for garnish
How to Make Breakfast Cupcake
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F., and lightly spray a 12-cup muffin tin with non-stick cooking spray.
- Mix the first seven ingredients together in a large bowl. (Substitute bacon or sausage for the ham, if preferred)
- Spoon potato mixture into each prepared muffin cup until about 1/3 full. Gently press the potato mixture down in the middle and up the sides of each cup.
- Bake until golden brown, about 25-30 minutes. If the nests have puffed up too much in the center, scoop out a little with a teaspoon.
- Spoon a few tablespoons of scramble eggs into each nest and top with chives.