- packages of crescent rolls
- cups of shredded cheddar cheese
- package of jimmy dean sausage in plastic wrap
- pkg of cream cheese
- can of rotel original (you can get which ever one you like, depending on how spicy you like it)
How to Make Breakfast Casserole
- 1Preheat your oven to 350. Lightly spray your 9x13 baking dish with cooking spray. Now start rolling out 1 pkg of crescents onto your baking dish, make sure the bottom of the dish is fully covered. Doesnt matter if a lil bit of the dish shows thru, because once the crousants cook, you wont be able to tell :) Cook Crescents for about 10 min or until lightly golden brown. Take out and let cool.
- 2Now lets start browning the sausage. Get rid of any liquid that the sausage lets out. While the sausage browns, drain the liquid from the can of ROTEL and discard. Mix the ROTEL with the sausage for 2 min. Once sausage and rotel are mixed and cooked thru, add the cream cheese. Mix well! Once all is mixed thoroughly, put mixture in the baking dish. Sprinkle the bag of Shredded Cheddar Cheese (or you can use fresh cheese and grate it yourself 1-lb block. I love my casserole cheesy so I use a WHOLE bag, lol) Unroll the other crescent and put on top of mixture.
- 3Put the dish in the oven and bake for 30 min or until top is browned and the cheese is bubbly. On a side note you can add eggs, potatoes, chorizzo or whatever tickles your fancy :) I have tried this recipe with all of the above! Enjoy!!