★★★★★ 1 vote5
- eggs, beaten
- 1 qt
- pork sausage
- 1 c
- cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 stick
- 1/4 tsp
- black pepper
- 1 tsp
- 1 tsp
- dry mustard
- 2 c
- half and half
- 6 slice
- white bread with crusts removed
How to Make Breakfast Casserole
- 1Melt margarine in a 13x9-inch baking dish.
- 2Tear the bread up in small pieces and place them in the margarine.
- 3Brown and drain the sausage. Spoon sausage over the bread.
- 4Sprinkle cheese on top of sausage.
- 5Combine beaten eggs, milk, mustard, salt, and pepper. Mix these ingredients in a blender.
- 6Pour mixture over the mixture in the baking dish. Bake at 350 degrees for 35 - 40 minutes. The cheese will rise to the top.
- 7May prepare, cover, and refrigerate overnight. A little more baking time is required if casserole is cold.