1 lbbreakfast sausage - crumbled
8 ozmonterey jack cheese - grated
1 smallonion - chopped
1 jar(s)sliced mushrooms (small jar or can) - drained
2 1/2 pkgpillsbury crescent rolls (2 regular size and one mini roll)
How to Make Breakfast Casserole
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Line the bottom and sides of a 9x13 inch pan with crescent rolls reserving left over for the top
- Saute onions in a skillet.
- Add the sausage and cook completely. Drain any excess oil and then add the mushrooms.
- When heated through, pour the sausage mixture into a mixing bowl.
- In a separate bowl, scramble the eggs and then add to the sausage mixture.
- Spread half of the egg and sausage mixture into a layer over the prepared crescent rolls, and then top with a layer of cheese.
- Repeat with remaining sausage and egg mixture and another layer of cheese.
- Top with the rest of the crescent rolls.
- If desired, brush the top of the rolls with raw egg and sprinkle with sesame seeds before baking.
- Cook about 35 – 45 minutes or until browned on top.