Breakfast Baked Egg Souffles (Panera Bread copycat
Catherine Thompson Floyd
- 2 Tbsp
- milk or half n half
- 1 Tbsp
- heavy cream
- 1/4 c
- shredded swiss cheese
- 1 Tbsp
- shredded parmesan cheese
- shredded parmesan cheese for topping
- 1/4 tsp
- black pepper to taste (opt)
- 1/4 c
- ham or canadian bacon (more if desired)
- 1-8 oz
- tube pillsbury crescent butter flake dough
- melted butter
How to Make Breakfast Baked Egg Souffles (Panera Bread copycat
- 1Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Mix the 3 eggs, milk and heavy cream. Add the Parmesan cheese and salt and blend thoroughly. Either microwave at 30 second intervals or cook on stovetop until a sort of runny scrambled egg consistency. Remove from heat. Add ham and stir.
- 2Unroll the dough and pinch 2 triangles together and roll to fit into a 4 inch ramekin. (Can use flour to roll out). Do again for second ramekin.
- 3Brush melted butter insides of two 4 inch ramekins and line with the dough. Fill the ramekins with equal amounts of filling of egg mixture. Sprinkle tops with parmesan cheese. Fold over the overhanging dough so it is no longer hanging over the sides of the ramekins. Can brush with a beaten egg, if desired. Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until dough is brown and crusty. Cool 5 minutes and enjoy!
- 4I make a lower fat version using reduced fat Pillsbury Crescent rolls, 1/2 cup liquid eggs, Fat free half and half instead of milk and heavy cream, one to two Laughing Cow Swiss wedges, and 97% fat free ham. I like to use full fat Parmesan cheese. Spray the ramekins with butter flavored cooking spray instead of using melted butter. I pile it into one ramekin just for me and savor every bite (adjust baking time)! Of course I like the full fat the best, but this isn't all that bad.
- 5SPINACH/ARTICHOKE: 3 Tbsp frozen spinach, thawed, 3 tbsp minced artichoke hearts, 2 tsp minced onion, 1 tsp minced red pepper, 1/4 c shredded cheddar cheese, 1/4 c shredded monterey jack cheese. (Instead of ham and swiss cheese) Top with 1/4 cup shredded Asiago Cheese
- 6Spinach and Bacon: use 4 pieces of cooked and crumbled bacon instead or artichoke hearts in the Spinach/Artichoke recipe.