Best Ever Breakfast Casserole
The outcome was delicious! Its made out of breakfast foods but we ate it for dinner and were very happy with it!
How to Make Best Ever Breakfast Casserole
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Cut uncooked bacon into small one inch pieces. Cook in large skillet on med-high heat till done. Poor 1/2 package of frozen hash browns into a greased baking dish and set aside.
- While bacon is cooking dice the onion and mushrooms and mince the garlic. Set aside.
- Once the bacon is done cooking, remove it from the skillet and remove all but 2-3 tablespoons of the bacon grease from the skillet. Reduce heat to medium and add the onions,mushrooms and garlic to the skillet. Cook 10-15 minutes or until the onions are soft. Place the onion mixture in a large bowl and set aside.
- Brown the country sausage and drain the grease. Add sausage and bacon to the onion mixture. Mix together and put it in the refrigerator for 10-15 minutes.
- in a separate bowl, beat together 8 large eggs. once the meat and onion/mushroom mixture has cooled slightly, poor the beaten eggs into the mixture.
- Poor the egg, meat, onion and mushroom mixture over the hash browns. Cover the baking dish with foil and bake for 45-55 minutes. During the last 5-10 minutes of cooking, remove the foil and sprinkle with shredded cheese.
- Remove from oven and allow 5 minutes for dish to cool. Then, enjoy!