Best Ever Breakfast Casserole
The outcome was delicious! Its made out of breakfast foods but we ate it for dinner and were very happy with it!
- yellow onion (chopped)
- 1 lb
- bacon (chopped)
- 1 lb
- country sausage
- 5-7 clove
- fresh garlic
- 1 pkg
- sliced mushrooms
- 1/2 pkg
- frozen hash browns
- 8 large
- 2 c
- shredded cheese
How to Make Best Ever Breakfast Casserole
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Cut uncooked bacon into small one inch pieces. Cook in large skillet on med-high heat till done. Poor 1/2 package of frozen hash browns into a greased baking dish and set aside.
- 2While bacon is cooking dice the onion and mushrooms and mince the garlic. Set aside.
- 3Once the bacon is done cooking, remove it from the skillet and remove all but 2-3 tablespoons of the bacon grease from the skillet. Reduce heat to medium and add the onions,mushrooms and garlic to the skillet. Cook 10-15 minutes or until the onions are soft. Place the onion mixture in a large bowl and set aside.
- 4Brown the country sausage and drain the grease. Add sausage and bacon to the onion mixture. Mix together and put it in the refrigerator for 10-15 minutes.
- 5in a separate bowl, beat together 8 large eggs. once the meat and onion/mushroom mixture has cooled slightly, poor the beaten eggs into the mixture.
- 6Poor the egg, meat, onion and mushroom mixture over the hash browns. Cover the baking dish with foil and bake for 45-55 minutes. During the last 5-10 minutes of cooking, remove the foil and sprinkle with shredded cheese.
- 7Remove from oven and allow 5 minutes for dish to cool. Then, enjoy!