Basic Quiche - you pick the main ingredients
Our 2 favorite flavor combos would be-
Asparagus with crab
Caramelized mushroom and onions
How to Make Basic Quiche - you pick the main ingredients
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Combine eggs, flour, cream, salt and pepper in a blender until mixed well or mix well with a hand mixer. Set aside.
- Layer your ingredients of choice in the pie crust...
***You can use 2 reg. size pie crusts instead of the one deep dish, it works out well, especially since there always seems to be extra egg mixture. Perhaps I just use to many ingredients in the quiche...lol
***You can also use mini pie crusts and make mini quiches, using many flavors. Making everyone at the table happy!
- Pour egg mixture over the top.
- Bake 45 minutes or until egg mixture is set. Let rest 10-15 minutes. Cut into 8 wedges and serve.
- Ingredient Ideas-
-2c fresh chopped spinach, 1/2# of crumbled bacon, and 1 1/2c shredded swiss cheese.
-1c cooked asparagus, 1/2# chopped crab, 3/4c shredded swiss cheese, and 3/4c of shredded cheddar.
-1c carmelized mushrooms and onions, 1/2c grated parmesean cheese, 1/2c shredded swiss cheese and 1/2c shredded cheddar cheese. Can add diced ham to this one too, if desired.
-1/2# crumbled bacon, fried onions, shredded potatoe, thawed. 1 1/2 c monteray jack cheese or cheddar.
etc. etc. etc. mix and match to create your own families favortie blend!