Baked Steel-Cut Oats and Apples
Ruth Ann Vokac
I particularly like that this recipe can be made ahead and warmed when needed. Also, the apples mostly float to the top, making an attractive, delicious oatmeal dish.
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
1 csteel-cut oatmeal
2 cboiling water
1 1/2 tsppumpkin pie spices
3apples, peeled and diced
1/4 cbrown sugar, packed
1 1/4 cfat-free milk
1/2 csliced almonds
1/4 cgolden raisins
How to Make Baked Steel-Cut Oats and Apples
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees and spray an 8"x 8" pan with cooking spray.
- Put oats and raisins in a large mixing bowl and pour boiling water over them.
- Add apples, pumpkin pie spice, brown sugar, nuts, and salt -- stir until combined.
- Add milk and stir again.
- Pour into prepared dish and bake for 50-60 minutes or until browned and set. (Liquid is mostly incorporated/evaporated. Apples will be mostly on top.)
- Spoon out or cut portions to serve warm. Or cool and refrigerate. The oatmeal warms nicely in the microwave. I like to add a little milk before I warm it.
Or freeze individual servings for a quick morning breakfast later.