Baked Scrambled Egg Casserole
Blue Ribbon Recipe
This is an easy, versatile breakfast casserole! I've had luck substituting in sausage like Jai suggests and also using other cream soups when I don't happen to have cream of mushroom on hand. The Test Kitchen
How to Make Baked Scrambled Egg Casserole
- 1Heat oven to 250.
- 2Grease 2-quart casserole.
- 3In large skillet, melt butter.
- 4Saute onions until crisp tender.
- 5In large bowl, beat eggs; stir in half and half and ham.
- 6Pour egg mixture into skillet with onions; mix well.
- 7Cook over medium heat.
- 8As mixture begins to set, gently lift cooked portions with spatula so that thin uncooked portions can flow to bottom.
- 9Avoid constant stirring.
- 10Cook until eggs are thickened throughout; spoon into prepared casserole dish.
- 11Pour soup evenly over top.
- 12Bake at 250 for 30 minutes; sprinkle with cheddar cheese and bake 10-15 minutes longer.