Baked French Toast
My husband had friends staying to help us with a room-construction project. They raved about it. This does also reheat well (if you have any left!) Just place uncovered in a pan with a small amount of water and bake at 350 until warmed through.
I bake all our bread, and used leftover french bread made with 1-1/2 tbs. Sesame Oil (but no seeds) and 1/2 tbs. olive oil. The sesame flavor added a wonderful layer of subtle flavor to this dish.
- 1 lb
- french bread, day old, sliced diagonally in 1 inch slices
- 2 c
- 1 1/2 c
- half and half
- 2 tsp
- vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp
- 3/4 c
- butter (not margarine)
- 1 1/3 c
- light brown sugar, firmly packed
- 3 Tbsp
- light corn syrup
How to Make Baked French Toast
- 1Butter a 9x13 inch baking dish. Arrange the slices of bread in the bottom. In a large bowl, beat together eggs, milk, cream, vanilla and cinnamon. Pour over bread slices, cover, and refrigerate overnight
- 2The next morning, preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). In a small saucepan, combine butter, brown sugar and corn syrup; heat until bubbling. Pour over bread and egg mixture.
- 3Bake in preheated oven, uncovered, for 40 minutes.