Baked Blueberry French Toast Swirl
- loaf cinnamon swirl bread (16 ounces)
- 3/4 c
- blueberries, fresh or frozen
- 3 c
- half and half or milk
- 2 tsp
- pure vanilla extract
- cinnamon-sugar or confectioners' sugar
- whipped butter
- pure maple syrup
How to Make Baked Blueberry French Toast Swirl
- 1Cut the bread into cubes.
Place bread cubes and blueberries into a lightly greased 3-quart shallow baking dish. Beat the eggs, milk (or half-and-half) and vanilla extract in a medium bowl with a fork or whisk.
- 2Pour the egg mixture over the bread cubes and blueberries.
Stir and press the bread cubes into the egg mixture to coat. Refrigerate for 1 hour or overnight.
- 3Bake at 350°F. for 45 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Dollop with butter and sprinkle with the cinnamon-sugar.
Serve with syrup.