- ready made crust
- 8 oz
- frozen spinach, defrosted and drained well, squeezing water out with hands
- 1/2 c
- shredded mild cheddar cheese
- 1 1/2 c
- heavy cream
- salt and pepper to taste
How to Make Spinach Pie
- 1Remove dough from refrigerator and roll onto floured surface into a circle. Place in 9"-10" pie pan or tart pan, cut off edges within an inch of the rim, fold under and crimp or leave rustic looking like I like to do. If you are blind baking your crust, be sure and pinch down the outside edges of the crust onto the rim of the pie plate to help hold it up, or fill with foil and dry beans, and bake in a 400 degree oven for 10 minutes. If not blind baking, then go on to next step.
- 2On the bottom of the crust, layer the spinach and cheese. In a large bowl, beat the eggs and half & half with a whisk by hand; add salt & pepper (about 1/2 t. ea. or to taste). Gently pour over ingredients in pie plate, covering edges and top evenly
- 3Pop into a 375 degree oven for 45 minutes, or until a knife inserted into the middle comes out clean.
I like to serve this warm, letting set for about 10 minutes.