Bacon Breakfast Bake
Blue Ribbon Recipe
This a great breakfast dish to serve to overnight visitors. It is very easy to prepare and keeps you out of the kitchen so you can be with your guests. I fixed it with white bread, but I would use French bread and more bacon the next time around. Everything is always better with "Just a Pinch" more bacon! The Test Kitchen
How to Make Bacon Breakfast Bake
- 1Preheat oven to 350.
- 2Cook bacon until crispy.
- 3Butter bread slices. Arrange buttered bread on work surface and top with bacon, 1/2 of the onion and 1/2 of the cheddar cheese. Top with remaining bread slices.
- 4Cut sandwiches in half and arrange in casserole dish, top with sliced tomatoes.
- 5Whisk together eggs, mustard, milk and worcestershire sauce and pour over sandwiches. Refrigerate 6-24 hours.
- 6Sprinkle casserole with remaining cheese and green onions. Bake 50 minutes to 1 hour or until center is set. Remove from oven and let set 10 minutes. Cut into serving pieces and serve.