BACON & ASPARAGUS QUICHE (SALLYE)
This is a large recipe that yields up to 20 servings depending on how thin you cut your slices.
Great to take to a potluck or family gathering. Hope you enjoy.
- frozen 9" deep dish pie crusts
- 6 large
- 6 to 8 stalk(s)
- 4 to 6 slice
- 2 to 4 medium
- roma or plum tomatoes
- 2 c
- heavy cream
- 1 c
- gruyere or swiss cheese
- 1/2 c
- finely chopped cilantro
- 1 tsp
- sea salt
- 1 tsp
- ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp
- garlic powder
- 2 Tbsp
- olive oil
How to Make BACON & ASPARAGUS QUICHE (SALLYE)
- 1Set two pie crusts out to thaw.
Preheat oven to 400ºF
Cook bacon until crisp, drain and set aside
- 2Trim bottoms of asparagus and place in microwave safe bowl with 2 tablespoons olive oil.
Microwave for 2 minutes full power.
Remove from microwave and place in food processor
Cut tomatoes into quarters and place in food processor with asparagus.
Pulse vegetables until just chunky (do not over process); set aside
- 3In mixing bowl, whisk eggs until frothy, add cream, salt, pepper, cilantro, garlic powder and continue to whisk until well blended.
- 4Crumble bacon and mix with asparagus and tomatoes.
- 5Prick bottom of two pie crusts with fork tines in several places.
Divide bacon, asparagus and tomatoes mixture equally into bottom of the two crusts
- 6Blend cheese into egg mixture.
Pour egg mixture over vegetables divided equally between two crusts.
Sprinkle a little nutmeg over each pan if desired
- 7Bake in preheated oven for 30 minutes or until golden brown and toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
Let rest for 5-10 minutes before slicing
- 8ALTERNATIVE INGREDIENTS:
You can substitute 6-8 ounces of diced ham for bacon
You can substitute just about any kind of cheese
You can substitute another herb in place of cilantro (such as rosemary, parsley, italian seasoning, etc)