BACON & ASPARAGUS QUICHE (SALLYE)
This is a large recipe that yields up to 20 servings depending on how thin you cut your slices.
Great to take to a potluck or family gathering. Hope you enjoy.
2frozen 9" deep dish pie crusts
6 to 8 stalk(s)asparagus
4 to 6 slicebacon
2 to 4 mediumroma or plum tomatoes
2 cheavy cream
1 cgruyere or swiss cheese
1/2 cfinely chopped cilantro
1 tspsea salt
1 tspground black pepper
1/2 tspgarlic powder
2 Tbspolive oil
How to Make BACON & ASPARAGUS QUICHE (SALLYE)
- Set two pie crusts out to thaw.
Preheat oven to 400ºF
Cook bacon until crisp, drain and set aside
- Trim bottoms of asparagus and place in microwave safe bowl with 2 tablespoons olive oil.
Microwave for 2 minutes full power.
Remove from microwave and place in food processor
Cut tomatoes into quarters and place in food processor with asparagus.
Pulse vegetables until just chunky (do not over process); set aside
- In mixing bowl, whisk eggs until frothy, add cream, salt, pepper, cilantro, garlic powder and continue to whisk until well blended.
- Crumble bacon and mix with asparagus and tomatoes.
- Prick bottom of two pie crusts with fork tines in several places.
Divide bacon, asparagus and tomatoes mixture equally into bottom of the two crusts
- Blend cheese into egg mixture.
Pour egg mixture over vegetables divided equally between two crusts.
Sprinkle a little nutmeg over each pan if desired
- Bake in preheated oven for 30 minutes or until golden brown and toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
Let rest for 5-10 minutes before slicing
- ALTERNATIVE INGREDIENTS:
You can substitute 6-8 ounces of diced ham for bacon
You can substitute just about any kind of cheese
You can substitute another herb in place of cilantro (such as rosemary, parsley, italian seasoning, etc)